Monday, November 17, 2008

Ive been tagged. (more than once)

I have a hard time with this. So I will do my best. Sigh!
Things that people don't know about me. (most people ;)

1. I hate pink and fru fru stuff. My mom dressed me in pink flowery lace, gloves and hats when I was a child. So I grew up hating anything flowery and especially pink and girly.
(funny-cause I have to be more forgiving with my new lil Aliya)

2. I spent most of my childhood in summer adventures. Like 4 wheeling, camping, deer hunting (gutting & eating :(, shooting guns, snowmobiling, working on a ranch, riding horses, exploring caves and mines.

3. I was raised in Cali on the San Fran coast. We lived on the beach. My mom, me and my older brother went to the beach everyday! We climbed cliffs, collected shells, explored tide pools, ran from sea lions. We where always encouraged to push our limit of fear. My mother was very insane at the beach.

4. I have eaten at a fancy restaurant with 5 courses. s cargo-salad-soup-sherbet to cleanse my palate-and I forgot the main course & desert. I was about 9yrs old. There where huge crystal chandeliers, velvet chairs, elaborate art on the walls and ceilings & beautiful linens and dishes.

5. Ive been in a tornado. This restaurant we used to go to as a kid on the pacific coast was on a cliff on the ocean. After we ate we went outside and the wind was blowing so hard that my feet where blowing out from under me. I was holding onto the railing screaming. I was convinced I was going to blow off the cliff into the ocean and die. My dad was laughing and holding onto my hands ,clutched to the railing, trying to calm me down. So technically it wasn't a tornado just 80 mile an hour winds. :D

6. It goes against my nature to fallow a recipe. I always have to add a little here and there. I get it from my mom. She is a gourmet cook. Ever since I can remember my mother has cooked amazing & exotic foods. Most she has created in her mind w/o a recipe.

7. My natural hair color is light brown. I have died my hair since I was 13. I hate my natural hair color. (on me)I have even done blond highlights and auburn-purple red.
When I was a kid I had bleach blond hair down to my waist. My mom took me to get my hair cut-she left me alone with the hairstylist-and I asked her to chop it off. OH yeah, Boy short. I loved it. I think my mom cried when she got back.

8. I have a licence to do nails. I took nail school 11 years ago. I hated working in a salon. I cant stand gossip and backstabbing petty girls.

9. I LOVE MUSIC! My parents loved the classic rock and I still love it. I love all kinds of music and can't stand some. My fav is rock. I love to head bang when I don't have kids around. Music is so theraputic for me. LOVE IT!

6 comments:

amyharrisonphotography said...

Wow...adventurous and exciting! That makes my childhood in Orem seem like a sleepy high priest quorum meeting at church. Love your pretty background too-so Shanna!

J♥M said...

Wow! I didn't know this! Funny that I was one to tag you! Don't blame you and the nails! I could not do it either for the reason you mentioned!

Hannah Jones said...

This was SO fun to read! OOh! Do more! Do more! :)
justkiddin'.
Love ya ShanBan

Shana said...

Shanna,
I guess I know you pretty well because I knew ALL of those things! :) Proud to say! ;)
I loved reading them though!! You are so cute. Love you tons and love the look of your new blog!

chelon:) said...

interesting!! i love that you now have a girl that you have to be fru-fru with!! she is soooo beautiful! as for the hair color, i just thought your hair was naturally almost black ;) i am with you. i have been dying my hair since i was 12! not even sure what my natural color is :) probably dirty dishwater blonde...yuck! love you girl!!

Englishfam said...

Shanna! SO good to hear from you. I am so sorry to hear about all the scariness with your son. I hope he is doing okay and he will be in our prayers. Your little girl is so adorable. Last time I saw you, you were pregnant with her! Time flies by. I need some new jewelry! I get compliments on my necklaces that you made all the time. Miss you! What's new in your life?