Monday, November 10, 2008

Friendship

I am so grateful for my friendships. It seems when we let our pride down for a minute and ask for the friends that are going to make us better people they magicaly apear. I have asked for that blessing. Holy cow! I have always kept to myself, because of childhood experiences left me skeptical and not able to trust anyone. I have grown out of that. Wisdom from past mistakes and hardships left me so bitter and a lone that I couldn't stand my life anymore. So I opened up, came out of my shell & tried to be a better friend. It so amazing what power people have. The one that bring you down., lift you up & make you a better friend. So to name some names that paved the way to open my cold bitter heart;

Michelle Farr my older sister that took care of me and opened up her home and life to a teenager. She was my neighbor in provo canyon. I started out watching her son Chase when he was barely 2. Then she moved to Orem and let me help her. I was a live in nanny. She let me live with her and dealt with Scott too. She helped me at such an early age. I think I was 15 when I lived with her. I loved taking care of her beautiful children, making dinner, and being a part of her family. Belli-thank you for your charity. I am in your debt for saving my life. You gave me such a purpose for life and love. Your love for life and taking care of your body helps me today. Your fight for life inspires me to fight like you for things that you love. Our hardships have made us stronger and more loyal. I love Chase and Kenz like my own sis & bro. I call them every year on their b-days to let them know how much I love them. Now 16 & 19. Wow I feel old! I love you guys.

Rachel Morgan. My neighbor and sister in crime. Thank you for you charity and love. She helped me through a huge ruff patch. We are so much a like. We literally lived on the same stoop. We would hang out at each others house and talk in our Jammie's all day. She helped me out with Dylan cause I sucked at being a mommy. She inspired me to stop wearing black and grey and open up to new fashion possibilities. Rachel thank you for your sweet, charitable heart. You have been such a perfect friend. I wish our lives weren't so crazy. I wish you lived next door to me. I miss your visits. You are so honest and loyal. You taught me to be myself, love myself and take better care of myself, my home & my children. I love you girl!

Amy Harrison. You have been so charitable and inspired me to be a better mother and crafter. You are such a good cook and can do everything perfectly. Your pictures are perfect! I am so grateful for your friendship. I have always felt I didn't deserve it. Thank you for preserving my baby pics with your perfect talent. I love you!

Chelon Colquit has the power to change your life. She helps you trust and love others. She is so charitable and kind. She is so normal too I love her for loving you for no matter where you are and kicking your butt if you need to be better. Especially with the gospel. I love you
Chelon I miss you terribly. I wish I was a better friend when you where still here. I carry a lot of guilt. You are a true and genuine friend to everyone.

My next stepping stones where Shana and Jen. We where neighbors it seems like forever. We have been through so much together. Shana and Jen are so close. I sometimes envy their unity. I am so grateful they included me in there friendship. Shana is too funny. She has such a sweet heart. She is so generous with her compliments and genuine love for all she meets. She has a huge list of friends that she has under her happy spell. She is so positive an happy. She is a strong woman and goes through so much in her life that she does not deserve. Shana I love you so much. You have made me more positive and compliment people more. It is so rewarding to be more like you. I wish you less stress and more of what you give out to all of your friends.
Jen is the silent storm. She is so gentle, but fierce in her talents. She is such a good example of keeping her calm. Shana and I make fun of her cause we want to hear her yell. She can't. We envy that. But she too is a sweet spirit. I have known her for 5+ years. She is always there for her friends and family. She gives you a purity and comfort in a crazy and mean world. I love you tonz Jen.

This next group has taken such a huge chunk of negativity out of my life. I feel like I don't deserve them sometimes. I lived in Riverton and I got a job at a day care in a all girl gym.
Heather you rock! She is such a good listener. And brutally honest. She tells you how it is. I love her honesty. You can trust her to not get emotional about everything and laugh about life. She uplifts your spirit and is so loyal to the friends she has. She has the cuttest style. She is always dressed in the cutest clothes. I love you feader. Thanks for always pushing me to be happy and laugh even when I didn't want to.

Mandy. Oh geese! I love this girl. I am grateful for Heather introducing me to such a good friend. She has twin girls that are too adorable. I love to babysit them. Mandy is also honest and giving. She has a huge heart. She is so charitable. She is that friend that you can always count on to love you for you and tell you how she feels. She is also a person that is refreshingly honest and loyal. Mandy, I Love you so much. Thank you for clothing my baby. You have been more than generous. I feel like I owe you my life. Thank you for your example of love and charity. You have no idea what those cheesy texts do for my day, for my life! I love you!

After a few months at the gym my neighbor in Riverton came out of her shell. I am so blessed that she chose to trust me. Bobbie.......I love you so much. You have givin me so much strength to deal with my past and present struggles. Your strength, loyalty & love have inspired me. You are my voice of reason the calming of my storm. Thank you for loving me for me. I love to hang with the Mascaros! (scott too)

Debbie. lol! "Everyone needs a Debbie" She is too funny. She has a genuine heart and undying loyalty to her friends and family. Thank you for being such a good example of charity and loyalty to the people in your life. Love you ,Your awesome!

My new found angels and neighbors Jean-Marie & Hannah. These 2 partners in crime have shown me so much love. They love me for me. They are non-judgmental. I am so grateful for their faith and strength that inspires me. I can ask them deep questions and they give such honest heart felt answers. I am so grateful for them letting me be part of their friendship circle. Your laughter and sense of humor have inspired me to be more silly. Thank you for your visits and treats. You have also been my saviors in a time of CRAZY. I love you girls! And our GNO!

I love all my friends and am so blessed for everyone that has touched my life.
A MILLION THANKS!!!!!

10 comments:

Adhis said...

Thanks for posting this. It makes me think a lot about who is around me.

Hannah Jones said...

I love your guts you sexy mama!!!
I was totally shocked, and deeply touched. Thanks for letting me be your friend!!! I'm lucky to be your neighbor!
xoxo

Shana said...

Oh gee, I cried. You are so special Shan! I am so grateful for you!! The moment I first met you at the playgroup in Lehi, I knew I wanted to be friends with you. You are so real and bring happiness to those around you!! I wish we lived closer again. I love you and your family and would do anything for you!! You are so talented and gorgeous. A great Mom and wife. Thank you for your friendship woman!! You are the best. And don't envy Jens and I friendship!! We are just as close sweetie. I wish we had more time to hang out more!! Love you tons!

J♥M said...

"Friendship is one of the greatest gifts ever bestowed upon mankind. While making friends may be easy, finding true and loyal friends who provide a lasting and fulfilling friendship is a much greater challenge."

And yes... your post made me cry! I was so not expecting my name on your list! I'm so glad that our paths crossed AGAIN! I'm a little slow, but so glad that I pulled my head out!
Let's go GNO! Let's go GNO!
I never did make the cheer squad!

Jenny said...

You are so blessed to have so many great friends. Love you tons and thanks for thinking of me too. I remember back in the day when we did the R.S. birthday's, we were such slackers :) You are so totally talented and super hot and so cool and so fun and so awesome! Love ya and hope things are going good with your family.

chelon:) said...

aaahhhhh!! tears...sob...tears!! girl, i miss you so much! you were so much fun to be with. i miss chatting with you and hanging out. you are such a wonderful friend. please don't feel guilty...we both have families that need us!! just remember that i will always be here for you. i may not be within driving distance, but my phone is always on! i love you very much...thank you for being my friend and a wonderful example of strength. xoxo

amyharrisonphotography said...

Shanna!!!!!! You beautiful, beautiful Angel! I have been so inspired by you from the first time you dragged your camping chair over to my porch in your perfectly clean slippers to look at my baby Reagan! You are amazing in every single way possible...do you have any idea how many lives you have completely touched just by being the fabulous you that you are? Everything that you touch turns to pretty, soft petals of glorious caramel (or tabasco sauce..whatever you love more). You are fabulous beyond words! Thank you for being you!

I haven't seen your latest posts...I use firefox for my browser and when I would type "ban" it would take me straight to the post that was there when I started using this browser. I linked over from my blog and noticed that I've been missing some things big time.
I have a lot of catching up to do :o) I hope all is going well with Briggs and the rest of the Russells...we love you so much!!!

Adhis said...

Psst. In regards to Amy's post, I vote "caramel."

J♥M said...

tag! You're it!

Stephanie said...

I am just like you. It is hard for me to let myself get close to people and when I have I have been so blessed. I am so glad to hear of your angels. A great friend is priceless!