Saturday, February 7, 2009

nope, nothing.........

No new and exciting news with us.
Aliya is almost 1? Whaaaat! I think I was wishing I was sleeping. Nope not sleeping through the night yet. She is lil too. She has been 19lbs for 4 months. B & Dyly where so beefy.
Speaking of beefy...B is doing great. He says he feels like a whole new person. The dizziness, headaches, pressure & trouble concentrating is gone. I am so grateful for modern medicine for his sake. Poor kid. He is such a good sport. I am so proud of him. All he has endured. I feel like he is braver than me.
Oh Dylan! I love this complex soul. I Think I had a boy with is personality to get practice in for Aliya. (B was so calm and collected....poor kid was probably just suffering and never told us.) He is so deep rooted too. Complex.
I feel like superman cause the sun has come out for a couple of days. Or maybe just motivated. Does anyone feel like they are in someone else's body? My health went down hill at 25 and still declining. I am grateful for my knowledge in herbs, eating right & working out. I just wish I had the energy I used to to apply the knowledge. Isn't it funny how we seek knowledge not knowing what drives us and then when we are given the opportunity to apply......well you get the idea.
What drives you?
What obstacles have you grown from?
What knowledge do you have you don't apply?

8 comments:

amyharrisonphotography said...

woah, dang. I just left you a long e-mail asking how everybody was doing...shoulda just checked your blog.
Anyway, if it makes you feel any better about your little Aliya being little, my little squirt Ava is still 18 pounds and in a rear facing infant car-seat. I feel like I'm raising Reagan all over again, but without all of the SASS! And the news about Briggs is fantastic! We couldn't be happier for you guys!!!

Jenny said...

I'm so happy that B is doing so good too. I can't believe Aliya is almost one, what?? Where does the time go. I'm trying to eat right and get more exercise too. That whole energy thing is just not what it used to be for me too. Why do we have to get old?

amyharrisonphotography said...

Are you KIDDING me????? Shanna..Shanna...Shanna...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the silver ornaments!!!!! I don't know how big yer computer screen is but look closely at the picture of the garland- Your beautiful ornaments inspired that whole color scheme! All of your ornaments were hanging there so they didn't get lost in the mess of the tree! They are my FAVES. And I told everyone who saw them that my hot friend Shan hand crafted those babies to perfection! I love the classic red and greens more anyway- I think I've just had the Jewel tones for so long it's become part of me! YOU ARE THE GREATEST..and I am serious!
love you girl!

J♥M said...

Wow! What deep questions! What drives me? Hmmmmnnn... I'd have to say the sunshine, cuz I'd rather stay in bed these days and hide my face! Luv ya! Thanks for only being a phone call away!

Heidi said...

So great to be able to keep up on your lives through your blog!! (yes, Dave and I are horrible at keeping in touch, obviously!) I am so happy Briggs is feeling so much better!! We know a teenage boy who just went through this same surgery for the same reason and is doing much better now!

Wow...great questions!! What drives me is wanting to do the best I can for my kids and giving them all the tools they need to be happy, giving adults and parents to my sweet future grandchildren! (yes, I know they are young to be thinking of grandchildren...)

The main obstacles I have grown from have been parenthood, wifedom, and dealing with depression my whole life. Trials always teach me the most! And then of course I slack of on what I have learned and need more trials to teach me again....

What knowledge I have that I need to work on applying is really the gospel. I know I could have greater happiness and peace in my life if and when I apply the gospel more fully!

Thanks for making me stop and think! :)

Shana said...

You know, being pregnant I can not think that deeply....
I am so glad that B is doing much better!! He is such a sweet, special boy! We love him! And I can not believe A is getting that OLD! WHAT!??? Time goes by too fast. I miss you!!!

Stephanie said...

I am so glad that he is doing better. I was so worried when he had to have his surgery.

chelon:) said...

nope...nothing! hence the title!! i love you tons...glad your fam is doing good. be happy for a little squirt! just means they stay (or feel like) babies for that much longer... miss you! xoxo