Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life in the fast lane...lol!

Yeah, not really.
Updates on us....Aliya is such a girl. She loves to dress up, talk on her pretend cell phone and play doll house with mommy and brothers.
Dylan is getting better at enjoying school, maybe. His grandparents got the boys a Wii for xmas and we like to make Mii's and play the party games together.
Briggs is HUGE! keeps getting taller. I think the last time "he" measured he was 5'2'. Witch sucks cause I'm shrinking and he is 2' away from me. He likes school better this year. He still has "catching up" to do from the past 8 yrs of brain crazy....or subaracnoid cyst blah blah blah....he is feeling "tonz better and totally different" since his surgery. No more seeing all blue, memory loss, learning issues, constant headaches and dizziness, really bad mood swings, fainting or seizures. He had his fallow up MRI last October..."it's stable"...it was so hard going back, its funny how you are equipped to handle great stress and trauma and push it away somewhere....until you go back and it all comes rushing back 10 fold. Trying not to ball and hyperventilate from a rush of emotion we did it together. I think Briggs was just as flipped out "I just don't want him to tell me I have to get surgery again" He is so brave and inspires me everyday. We go back this October for another MRI. If it is still "stable" we will go back in 2 years for another MRI, and every 2 yrs for the rest of his life.
Scott, yep still the do everything guy. I forget all the stuff he takes on so I'll try to update with the correct titles best I can. Still detective 5 days a week for south jordan (sex crimes) He is a deputized Marshall or JCAT. Its a government agency that goes out and arrests people for warrants, drugs, abuse, chasing cop killers etc. The Utah JCAT is in the top 5 in the nation for the most arrests and closing cases. So they gave 1 person in every department a new Dodge nitro suv. His Sargent is also on JCAT , he could have kept it for himself but gave it to Scott. So he does that 2 a month ,scheduled, after he works at South Jordan and is also on call. He is on the union committee for South Jordan. He teaches detective classes on how to interview suspects properly, to make them confess quickly.....cause he is a pro;) He is on C.A.RT. its the Amber alert and child abuse thingy. He teaches a gun permit class ,sometimes once a month,....right to bare arms...for a friend/south jordan cop that started this business. He still works the district movies theaters on the weekends. He will do odd jobs here and there for security and for all the otheer agencies he affiliated with. He is moving up fast and has good recognition for all the cases he closes and arrests he has. We hope good things for him in the near future.
Me :) Not much new. Humira shots doing ok. I started physical therapy in January Im not able to go as much as I would like or P.T. would like but I love it. She is the only female p.t. for miles. She is doing hydrotherapy with me. I go to the Lehi legacy center, down the street from my home, and do pool exercises for 30-40 min. Its a little painful after but it's gotten better the more I go. I started walking with a ,good, and very old friend of mine in Jan too. We walk inside the legacy center about 3 times a week.(it's only .50) My rheumatologist doesn't like that at all. He asked me not to ,cause its a weight baring exercise & when I feel pain I shouldn't do it, do you think I listen....naaaah! It feels good to take control of something I was letting control me. Or even define me.
As you all know I love my beads. I have expanded the banana bead buiz. The infamous stretchy watches. After much frustration and months of surfing the web and boutique shopping I have an inventory! Woot woot! I'm really excited about this. I like doing new things it inspires and motivates me. I would like to go big with it but I'm mustering ideas.....always up for ideas....watch parties, you come make your own, etcy? eh?, ebay, boutiques. My first venture is this Thursday night shoe party/ my beads.....come and visit or wish me luck!(my house 6:30-8) I'm makin' bean dip;)
I am working on updating pics and will get some watch pics up too.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay! So happy to read an update on you and your sweet family! :) So happy Briggs CT was clear and everything is going so well for him! :) And hello, do you ever see Scott?? Wow, busy guy! Good luck with the pt! That is awesome you are doing it! And with the watches/beads and stuff...sounds fun!

Jenny said...

So good to hear an update from you and your family.
I was going to text you and tell you that I don't think I will make it tomorrow night, I do want to see you though, miss you tons. We will need to get together soon. Go walk around at T.P. or something.

Shana said...

YEAH!!! UH WHAT!?????? A FREAKING UPDATE? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME MAMA! ;) haha.
SOOO glad that Briggs is doing good and still Stable!! So glad you are doing P.T. and I hope it helps!! I wish we lived closer to walk or get together or whatevah.
And WOW-- You really don't have a hubby-- Do you?? Gosh, that is crazy. But nice he is doing so well in his job.
I love you and wish you'd come and visit sometime!
xox