Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Simple math....

LOL! Me of all people....simple math....it's almost swearing!
I have recently had a ahah moment. 2 weeks ago the excuses ran out. All the common ones; It hurts worse after I work out than if I don't, I'll eat better tomorrow, I deserve this cause I worked out, I'm too tired, I'll start Monday (that ones my fav) but I'm lonely, depressed, sad, or not complete without this Mcds value meal or candy bar. There are so many more but I can only say this coming from a very stubborn thought process.....it will only make it worse!
Decide now; change a little here and there or use those sabotage mantras those commercials have taught us. Then in 2-5 years you'll 'wake up' look in the mirror and realize you've packed on more than the proverbial 10 lbs. That 10 is easier to maintain or loose than over 10.
So I guess my point is....simple math! Now don't start with...I don't have time....just brush that thought aside. You don't have time to help your body live longer, more healthy? You have scheduled oil appointments and yearly doc's exams. You have time to feed your kids healthy. All the calories you put in your mouth should be considered, if not accounted for and planned. Why? Good question. Why not? Why can't you over come those debilitating food mantras and habits? I'm not preaching! I'm the last person to do that. I'm simply letting you inside my mind.
Small steps; get up and move 3 x a day for 10 min a day. Try that for the first week, add another 10 min a day your next week.Think; less tired, feeling full, less pain in your body from harsh chemicals and fake sugars (they attack and eat @ the healthy living things in your body) you can't get them back! SMALL STEPS I SAID! Drink 1 less soda a day or start giving yourself 200 cal a day of anything you love. Yes I know I said the F word. Do you really believe you can't be full? I think we just get into bad habits and tell ourselves that or I could go off on a different tangent about the conspiracy from the food industry to feed us fake everything and empty calories so our bodies don't know any different, but I won't ;)
I'll sum up my rant; I have a new plan for me. I have started counting calories and being accountable for the power over my health.
calorieking.com I love this site! It tells you about every calorie! It also tells you what you how long you would have to work out to work it off! Don't get crazy on me...maybe you don't have time...make it simple. How much do you feel would be a manageable weight for you? For instance my goal,manageable, weight is 145 so I should consume @ 1450 cals a day give or take. (to loose the weight!) But this is the math part, especially if you have health probs like; hereditary high chol, diabetes, autoimmune deceases etc. The moving part is key to all of this. Take the stairs, park farther away from the door, ride your bike to your next destination, jump on a tramp, play hide & seek, pick a friend for walking time. If you have kids-include them- ask your husband to watch them, switch with a friend. I'm telling you there is an answer for every excuse that is running through your mind! (ask your doctor or dietitian for your personal weight loss goals!)

Things I'm working on; I love ask.com too. Look up 100 cal snacks. (Not the snack packs..not all the time...fruits, vegis, fiber, protein etc.)
You know those plastic picnic plates; 1/4 c lean protein-1/4 c of healthy starch (i have a list) and 1/2 c vegis. Just like the plate!
Don't forget the fiber this is the only F word that leads to the other F word' FULL!! Also 1 serving of healthy mono-fats & 1 serving of omega-3 (poly-fats)
TRY; to avoid hyd oils, dyes, chemicals, fake sugars & wash the pesticides of your fruits & vegis!
MY PLAN:
breakfast
snack
lunch
snack
dinner
snack-100 cal desert or sweets
There are so many recourse's. Look up recipes, ideas, support, success stories call a friend!
Don't give up!
Go, fight, win!

13 comments:

bananaberry128 said...

food for thaught;the ripper a banana gets it produces more sugar...there for bad carbs,witch means more calories. (barely ripe is ideal banana consumption. still has green)

fft; if you are a white rice eater only. rinse the rice in a collander until the water runs clear. less starch :)

fft; Tofu is not a bad thing. Try the light silken. Blend it and add it to something. You or your family wont relize that creamy texture is full of protein & vitamins.

think small steps

Shana said...

Way to go Shan! I loved talking to you all about this today! You are awesome and look so good. Keep it up and know I love ya ton!

J♥M said...

You go girl! Thanks for going walking with me last night!!!! I just love ya!

Stephanie said...

You go girl! Im proud of you! Keep us informed with what you learn!

bananaberry128 said...

have you ever looked up a "calories burned calculator"
DO IT...its crazy!

J♥M said...

How many calories would be in "sexy" carrots? They probably have way too much sugar!

chelon:) said...

great post! you got me motivated....and heaven knows i could use it! miss you...call me sometime. tag........you're it! (although i will be out of town until next saturday. try calling after that! or i will email you.) i miss you terribly! xoxo

bananaberry128 said...

5 lbs lost! keep on keepin on!

J♥M said...

WaHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You go girl!

amyharrisonphotography said...

Shanna..we need you on our skinny hotties blog! wouldja wanna huh??? huh?????

amyharrisonphotography said...

facebook

amyharrisonphotography said...

FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alyssa said...

When are you going to go walking with me? And when are you going to teach me how to make jewelry?